So you want to write a guest post for Lytsmagazine?
Well you’re in luck, because we’re always on the lookout to add some awesome talent to our team of Lyts magazine Contributors!
But before you start your masterpiece, let’s make sure we are on the same page. First item of business: We don’t accept unsolicited submissions. We DO accept brief pitches for blog posts (see instructions below), and if we like your writing and your idea, we may invite you to contribute.
The reason we’re a bit tight with our guidelines when it comes to guest submissions is that we take a lot of pride in delivering only the best content to the Lytsmagazine community. So we’re looking for next-level insights from fashionpreneurs who have great advice to offer and a knack for writing. Having said that, once you’re on our exclusive list of Lyts magazine Contributors, we’ll promote your articles far and wide, including to our email subscribers and our social media followers! Our mission is to get YOU as much exposure as possible.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Read on.
Please note: If your pitch does not adhere to the guidelines below, you will not receive a response.
– It has to be high quality. We have some seriously high standards when it comes to our content. Don’t be surprised if you’re asked to go through multiple revisions and edits before we publish it.
– It’s original. This one is pretty obvious. If your article has been published anywhere else before, we don’t want it.
– Know our audience. Lyts magazine is all about providing quality, actionable content for novice-stage startups and fashionpreneurs primarily, secondarily educating and also entertaining the fashion lovers, and anything within that ecosystem. You can check out our highest performing posts if you need some inspiration on what to write for us. All articles are to be written bearing in mind that Lyts Magazine has a global audience. Check out our first posts to get an idea of what we’re about.
– It’s actionable. Our main requirement is that your article provides useful and actionable advice to our audience. This isn’t a place to wax poetic about the state of social media unless you’re telling our audience what they can do about it.
– In-depth but concise. We don’t have word requirements, but our feature posts tend to run somewhere between 700 and 2000 words. We like for our content to be detailed and dive deep, but we don’t want it to drone on or be repetitive.
– You’re around when the post goes live. Contributors must be online when the post goes live and promote on their social media channels. Engage (respectfully) with the commenters.
– You’re ready to do your part to promote. Of course Lytsmag will be sure to mail out your blog post to our mailing list as well as promote it on our own social media networks. But make sure that you do your part as well to share your epic post. Let everyone in your networks know about it. Together we can ensure that your post becomes a massive success!
– Re-posting. Once published on the Lyts magazine website , contributors are not permitted to re-post their article on any other websites or media outlets.
– Content rights. If we do not end up publishing your contribution, you are free to use this article anywhere else on the web. We do not own the rights to your piece.
How to Pitch
– Tell us your idea. Only the idea, not the finished product. Please include:
- Two to three suggestions for a headline for your idea.
- One to two sentences summarizing the main idea of the post, not to exceed 100 words.
- A basic outline of what you intend to write, and what direction you want to take.
- Links to 3 previous samples that are similar to what you would write for Lyts magazine if there are any and if not send us 3 different articles to our mail submission@Lytsmagazine.com
– Each piece of published content will include a bio box, link to your site and two social media links of your choice.
– If your pitch is accepted, then we’ll ask you to submit a draft. At that point, we will send over our detailed guidelines and more information. Please note that a successful pitch does not automatically ensure your piece will be published.
The Fine Print
– If you are a publicist filling out this form for your client, you acknowledge that the LYTS WORLD LTD will accept this as formal acknowledgement to the terms and conditions by your client.
Before sending us any contributions or submissions you indemnify the LYTS WORLD LTD from any claim or impairment that may arise as a consequence of your ‘factual’ statements being fictitious or any infringement of a right of any third-party.
By submitting a contribution, you accept the terms and conditions in relation to each and every single piece within your submission, including but not limited to copy, photographs and illustrations sent to us.
All written content submitted to the LYTS WORLD LTD is for the exclusive sole use of the LYTS WORLD LTD and not to be re-purposed or reused in any other media or on the internet.
By sending us photographs you authorize the following:
> You are the sole owner and copyright holder of the photograph taken and that all the rights attached to the image belong to you;
> The photograph was not taken in the engagement for ‘workhire’, as a member of staff or whatever-or any other pact of whereof ownership or other explicit privileges, which may affect the prospect of publishing the photograph, imparted or imparted to any other individual;
> The photograph is not co-operative or a plagiarist piece of work;
> The photograph is original.
No liability can be taken for the condition and precision of copy supplied and our editors may edit your copy where they deem necessary. The publishers protect the right to reject and amend any contribution/material supplied. We take no responsibility for typographical mistakes and omissions.
All materials submitted may be used as future advertising or publicity for the LYTS WORLD LTD. The views and attitude printed in these publications are not necessarily those of the publisher. No fault will be taken for any judgment made by the reader, consequently resulting to opinions.
We accept everything from text to illustrations to photographs. Please submit any images as low-resolution for us to review along with all credits.
And that’s all there is to it. If you feel like you’re up to scratch and you want to become a part of the Lyts magazine team then go ahead and fill out the form below!
BOOM! NOW LET’S GET INTO IT!
NOTE- photographers and graphic designers can also use this form